Coronavirus update 21 by pulmonologist Dr. Seheult of https://www.MedCram.com.
Labs are working on novel ways to use antibodies as possible treatment of Coronavirus (COVID-19) infections. Dr. Seheult discusses the role of antibodies in fighting viral infections and what a perceived second infection may actually indicate. Case fatality (and problems with estimating it at this early juncture) and practical recommendations for health care teams is also discussed.
PLEASE NOTE: This video was recorded on February 19, 2020. Our more recent COVID-19 updates can be accessed free at our website https://www.medcram.com/courses/coronavirus-outbreak-symptoms-treatment or here on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ_IRFkDInv_zLVFTgXA8tW0Mf1iiuuM_
We’ve produced each COVID-19 video with the best information we could access at the time of recording. Naturally, some videos will contain information that has become outdated or replaced by better information or research.
That said, we believe each video contains concepts that have enduring value and reviewing how the response to COVID-19 has progressed over time may be of interest to you as well.
See our prior videos on the novel coronavirus outbreak that started in Wuhan, China:
– Coronavirus Epidemic Update 20: Misinformation Spread, Infection Severity, Cruise Ship, Origins: https://youtu.be/Ka48UZDDzLY
– Coronavirus Epidemic Update 19: Treatment and Medication Clinical Trials: https://youtu.be/4HK9QEy1KJ8
– Coronavirus Epidemic Update 18: Cellphone Tracking, Increase in Hospitalizations, More Sleep Tips: https://youtu.be/vE4pBkslqS4
– Coronavirus Epidemic Update 17: Spike in Confirmed Cases, Fighting Infections with Sleep (COVID-19): https://youtu.be/wlbM6VVkVZM
– Coronavirus Epidemic Update 16: Strengthening Your Immune Response to Viral Infections (COVID-19): https://youtu.be/qqZYEgREuZ8
– Coronavirus Epidemic Update 15: Underreporting, Prevention, 24 Day Incubation? (COVID19) https://youtu.be/o804wu5h_ms
– Coronavirus Epidemic Update 14: Hospital spread of infection, WHO allowed in China, N-95 masks: https://youtu.be/pDnmHu8x9C4
– Coronavirus Epidemic Update 13: Li Wenliang, nCoV vs Influenza, Dip in Daily Cases, Spread to Canada: https://youtu.be/0UgrPgJdzp0
– Coronavirus Epidemic Update 12: Unsupported Theories, Pneumonia, ACE2 & nCoV: https://youtu.be/GT3_A1bf9pU
– Coronavirus Epidemic Update 11: Antiviral Drugs, Treatment Trials for nCoV (Remdesivir, Chloroquine): https://youtu.be/pfGpdFNHoqQ
– Coronavirus Epidemic Update 10: New Studies, Transmission, Spread from Wuhan, Prevention (2019-nCoV): https://youtu.be/gPwfiQgGsFo
– Coronavirus Epidemic Update 9: Fecal-Oral Transmission, Recovery vs Death Rate: https://youtu.be/8Hjy3UfaTSc
– How Coronavirus Kills: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) & Treatment: https://youtu.be/okg7uq_HrhQ
Source LINKS referenced in this video:
Speaker: Roger Seheult, MD
Co-Founder of MedCram.com
Clinical and Exam Preparation Instructor
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
Medical education topics explained clearly: Respiratory lectures such as Asthma and COPD. Internal medicine videos on Oxygen Hemoglobin Dissociation Curve and Medical Acid Base. Critical care topics such as Shock, Diabetic Ketoacidosis (DKA), aortic stenosis, and Mechanical Ventilation. Cardiology videos on Hypertension, ECG / EKG Interpretation, and heart failure. VQ Mismatch and Hyponatremia lectures have been popular.
Join us for Pulmonary Function Tests (PFTs) videos, 2019 novel coronavirus in china, 2019 ncov, coronavirus news, coronavirus prevention, coronavirus misinformation, antiviral drugs, wuhan virus outbreak, 武汉 肺炎, CDC, infectious disease, corona virus updates, severe influenza infections, immune system explained. Please check out our lectures on COVID-19, MERS, SARS, infectious diseases, sleep hygiene, Wuhan coronavirus, sleep apnea, and world health organization.
Visit our Website! https://www.MedCram.com
Produced by Kyle Allred, PA
Please Note: MedCram medical videos, medical lectures, medical illustrations, and medical animations are for medical education and exam preparation purposes, and not intended to replace recommendations by your doctor or health care provider.
#Coronavirus #COVID19 #SARSCoV2