There is mounting evidence that COVID-19 has a profound impact on the endothelium (the lining of blood vessels) which may explain the observed blood clots associated with this pandemic. Roger Seheult, MD of https://www.medcram.com discusses new research from the Lancet on coagulopathies (clotting or bleeding problems) in COVID-19 and explains how reactive oxygen species (ROS) may set the stage for clotting.
Dr. Seheult also illustrates how the supplement N-acetylcysteine (NAC) may be beneficial to reduce excess ROS and prevent blood clots. Sloan Kettering is performing a clinical trial that studies N-acetylcysteine (NAC) with COVID 19 infection. (This video was recorded July 3, 2020).
THE MEDCRAM WEBSITE:
Visit us for videos on over 60 medical topics and CME / CEs for medical professionals: https://www.medcram.com
SUBSCRIBE TO THE MEDCRAM YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
Get notified of new videos by hitting the bell icon:
LINKS / REFERENCES:
The Lancet | https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanhae/article/PIIS2352-3026(20)30216-7/fulltext
Circulation Journal | https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.117.027290
Silent Hypoxia – American Lung Association | https://www.lung.org/media/press-releases/silent-hypoxia-covid-19
ROS Pathophysiology from CSU | http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/topics/radicals.html
Johns Hopkins Tracker | https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Worldometer | https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
PREVIOUS COVID-19 UPDATES:
Please visit MedCram.com for the full series:
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 91: Remdesivir Pricing & Disparities in Drug Availability https://youtu.be/XIEmvEQzAf4
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 90: Assess The Quality of COVID-19 Info With A Validated Research Tool https://youtu.be/u9fFfO5AgQE
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 89: COVID 19 Infections Rising in Many States; Dexamethasone Cautions https://youtu.be/VMTQ6qNXVlw
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 88: Dexamethasone History & Mortality Benefit Data Released From UK https://youtu.be/phN0enMN_RE
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 87: More on Dexamethasone; Do COVID-19 antibodies last? https://youtu.be/5i3uHmPv9TE
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 86: COVID-19 Testing & Cases Increasing but Daily Deaths Decreasing https://youtu.be/blG0xOyVXlo
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 85: Dexamethasone and Key Questions to Ask if in The Hospital (Part 2) https://youtu.be/ie5Oi8m_Rlo
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 84: Key Questions to Ask if in the Hospital for COVID-19 (Part 1 of 2) https://youtu.be/kQr-OLA8xdM
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 83: High Fructose, Vitamin D, & Oxidative Stress in COVID-19 https://youtu.be/a4zfWkvbBaw
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 82: Racial Disparities with COVID-19 & Vitamin D https://youtu.be/bDt6ca2WF3Y
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 81: New Data on Hydroxychloroquine Side Effects & Prevention of COVID-19 https://youtu.be/o5w7FiDJe1g
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 80: COVID-19 Retractions & Data (Hydroxychloroquine, ACE Inhibitors) https://youtu.be/KS-mHOtXX84
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 79: COVID-19 Vaccines to Keep an Eye On – mRNA, Antigen, Others: https://youtu.be/-dYWZMx-Lfs
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 78: Mask Controversy; Vaccine Update for COVID-19 https://youtu.be/_IrYyhufDwI
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 77: Remdesivir Update; COVID-19 in Mexico https://youtu.be/LXtY_3A0WN8
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 76: Antibody Testing False Positives in COVID-19 https://youtu.be/NSRK41UbTEU
All coronavirus updates are at MedCram.com (including the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, vaccine developments, dexamethasone, remdesivir, coronavirus misinformation, infodemic, peer-reviewed research, and more).
We offer many other medical topics (ECG Interpretation, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, hypertension, anticoagulation, DKA, acute kidney injury, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.) at our website.
MEDCRAM WORKS WITH MEDICAL PROGRAMS AND HOSPITALS:
MedCram offers group discounts for students and a variety of medical programs, hospitals, and other institutions. Contact us at email@example.com if you are interested.
Roger Seheult, MD
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
Associate Professor at the University of California, Riverside School of Medicine
Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Media contact info: https://www.medcram.com/pages/media-contact
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Tweets by MedCramVideos
MedCram medical videos are for medical education and exam preparation, and NOT intended to replace recommendations from your doctor.
#COVID19 #SARSCoV2 #FOAMed