Professor Roger Seheult, MD discusses new data on dropping death rates for COVID-19 (and possible causes) and a new study on NAC (N-acetyl cysteine) in hospitalized patients with COVID 19. In the small study, there was a significant downward trend of markers of inflammation (C-reactive protein, bilirubin, and ferritin with each NAC infusion. (This video was recorded on October 22, 2020).
Dr. Seheult is the co-founder and lead instructor at https://www.medcram.com
LINKS / REFERENCES:
Johns Hopkins Tracker | https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Worldometer | https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Studies Point To Big Drop In COVID-19 Death Rates (NPR) | https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/10/20/925441975/studies-point-to-big-drop-in-covid-19-death-rates
Improving COVID-19 critical care mortality over time in England: A national cohort study, March to June 2020 (medRxiv) | https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.07.30.20165134v2
Trends in Covid-19 risk-adjusted mortality rates in a single health system (medRxiv) | https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.08.11.20172775v1.full.pdf
Therapeutic blockade of inflammation in severe COVID-19 infection with intravenous N-acetylcysteine (Clinical Immunology) | https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1521661620306513
Examination of Hydroxychloroquine Use and Hemolytic Anemia in G6PDH‐Deficient Patients (Arthritis Care & Research) | https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/acr.23296
THE MEDCRAM WEBSITE:
Visit us for videos on over 60 medical topics and CME / CEs for medical professionals: https://www.medcram.com
SUBSCRIBE TO THE MEDCRAM YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
Get notified of new videos by hitting the bell icon:
RECENT PREVIOUS COVID-19 UPDATES:
Please visit MedCram.com for the full series:
– Coronavirus Update 113: Remdesivir May Not Work for COVID 19 https://youtu.be/mUdQpFyF2G8
– Coronavirus Update 112: Linoleic Acid; Vaccines; UK COVID 19 Data https://youtu.be/VB06uVA97zI
– Coronavirus Update 111: Masks; New Vitamin D Data and COVID 19; NAC https://youtu.be/UzGKqujdTQ8
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 110: Trump’s Risk Factors and COVID-19 Prognosis; Interferon https://youtu.be/Rko2xGmPn04
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 109: New Data From Europe As COVID 19 Infections Rise https://youtu.be/rCH36Cckebg
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 108: High Risk COVID 19 Behaviors; Cases Rise in Europe https://youtu.be/2wJdB5tTKeg
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 107: Monoclonal Antibodies for COVID 19 Treatment and Prevention? https://youtu.be/wvaLyxp8jhM
– COVID 19 Update Update 106: Comorbidities and Excess Deaths; Bradykinin and Coronavirus https://youtu.be/_TECf3xSFbU
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 105: FDA Authorized Treatments; COVID 19 Vaccine Update https://youtu.be/01MRRop7OPs
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 104: COVID 19 Reinfection & Immunity https://youtu.be/J9BOs_dR_bI
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 103: Convalescent Plasma Treatment & the FDA; College Campuses Close https://youtu.be/pvmtT_XV4aw
– At Home, Cheap, COVID-19 Tests with Results in 15 Minutes: How to Fix Testing with Dr. Michael Mina https://youtu.be/cP-MHKU_cQE
All coronavirus updates are at MedCram.com (including N acetylcysteine (NAC) mechanism, NAC supplement, Mortality rate / Death rate declining, COVID 19 prevention, COVID 19 treatments, coronavirus second wave, and more).
We offer many other medical topics (ECG Interpretation, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, hypertension, DKA, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.) on our website.
MEDCRAM WORKS WITH MEDICAL PROGRAMS AND HOSPITALS:
MedCram offers group discounts for students and a variety of medical programs, hospitals, and other institutions. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Roger Seheult, MD
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
Associate Professor at the University of California, Riverside School of Medicine
Media Contact: email@example.com
Media contact info: https://www.medcram.com/pages/media-contact
Video Produced by Kyle Allred
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Tweets by MedCramVideos
MedCram medical videos are for medical education and exam preparation, and NOT intended to replace recommendations from your doctor.