https://www.Heart-Valve-Surgery.com – During this special webinar, you will learn the latest research and the newest advances specific to COVID-19 and heart valve disease therapy including repair and replacement surgery techniques. Guest speakers include Dr. Joanna Chikwe, Chair of the Department of Cardiac Surgery in the Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai, Dr. Jaime Burkle, Clinical Manager of the Piedmont Heart Perimeter Office, and John Roland, a heart valve patient treated during the COVID-19 pandemic. This event was hosted by Adam Pick, the patient advocate who founded HeartValveSurgery.com in 2006.
Patient questions addressed during the webinar include:
1. What is the newest research about COVID-19 and its impact on the heart and heart valves?
2. Are patients with heart valve disease at more or less risk for getting infected with COVID-19?
3. Why and how should patients actively monitor heart valve disease symptoms during COVID-19?
4. What are the risks (and potential health emergencies) for patients who delay seeking treatment for heart valve disease?
5. What safety protocols have hospitals implemented to ensure the safety of heart valve patients during COVID-19?
At the close of the webinar, a live “Questions & Answers” session enabled patients to ask Dr. Chikwe, Dr. Burkle and John Roland questions about COVID-19 and heart valve disease.
This webinar was co-sponsored by Medtronic and Abbott.