Below are a few Yoga practices for boosting immunity. This Sri Sri Yoga protocol consists of Asanas, Pranayama, and Meditation. The asanas (Yoga poses) listed in this protocol can be divided into categories like inversions, twists and chest expanders.
Follow this sequence daily
1. Deep Yogic Breath – 5 to 7 breaths
2. Bhastrika (Bellows Breath) – 2 rounds of 20 breaths
3. Marjari Asana (Cat Pose)
4. Ardhachakrasana (Backbend)
5. Hastapadasana or Ardhauttanasana (Standing forward bend – Hand to knee/toe)
6. Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
7. Ardha Matsyendrasana or Vakrasana (Half spinal twist)
8. Paschimottanasana (Seated forward bend)
9. Shishuasana ( Childs Pose)
10. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
11. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
12. Adhomukhswanasana (Downward Dog Pose)
13. Makarasana (Crocodile Pose) with humming sound for mental relaxation
14. Setubandhasana (Bridge Pose)
15. Sarvangasana or Vipritkarni (Shoulder stand or simple leg lift)
16. Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
17. Natarajasana (Supine spinal twist)
18. Pawanmuktasana (Wind-release Pose)
19. Yog Nidra (Relaxation)
20. Nadishodhan Pranayama (Alternate Nostril Breathing)
21. Guided Meditation by Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEPzjZt2EGU&list=PL480C9CCB94DF5D82
Full yoga playlist – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dic293YNJI8&list=PLoZ9lCw2MJU_p23s4BxUIc0rVf0zeSUVq
Along with a daily practice of the above protocol-
Make sure to drink at least 2 to 3 liters of water daily.
6 to 8 hours of sleep.
Eat light, unprocessed, vegetarian food at the right time.
Follow basic hygiene practices. Add ginger, turmeric, black pepper to your daily diet.
A regular yoga practice can result in better health, know that it is not a substitute for medical treatment. In the case of a medical condition, practice yoga postures after consulting a doctor and under the supervision of a trained Sri Sri Yoga Teacher. Find a Sri Sri Yoga course at an Art of Living Center near you.
This is the official YouTube channel of The Art of Living.
To subscribe click here:
About The Art of Living:
Founded in 1981 by Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, The Art of Living is an educational and humanitarian movement engaged in stress-management and service initiatives. The organization operates globally in 156 countries and has touched the lives of over 450 million people.
Do Like, Comment, Share & Subscribe to the channel!
SUBSCRIBE to Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s Channel:
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow us on Instagram:
Log onto our website: